Parks, Facilities, & Athletic Fields
The vision of Ocean Springs Parks & Leisure Services is to provide excellent facilities, programs and customer service that satisfy the needs of the local communities and the City of Ocean Springs. The department strives to deliver customer service through the development, operation and maintenance of the City’s Public Parks and Recreation Facilities to create an environment that is deemed safe, affordable and enriching for all.
Ocean Springs offers 12 parks for residents and visitors to enjoy. Nestled throughout the Town, these parks are the perfect location for a picnic or playdate.
Managed by the Parks & Leisure Department, our parks offer something for all ages!
Park rentals are based on a first come, first serve basis. Any large group events or field trips must contact the Parks department for rules and availability.
All parks are NON-SMOKING.
NO GRILLS, FRYING STATIONS, BOUNCE HOUSES, WATERSLIDES AND TENTS ARE ALLOWED IN THE PARKS.
For a complete list of parks/facilities available for rentals & private parties, please visit the Facilities link.
For more information on our Parks please call 228.875.8665
See Gallery for Photos
The City of Ocean Springs Parks & Recreation Department offers a variety of facilities that provide the best possible year-round services for private and public events. From the smallest birthday party to a large family festival, events take place every day at our parks in the City of Ocean Springs. Whether you are looking for a place to have your wedding, birthday party, family reunion, business meeting, festival, walk/run or tournament, we’ve got an event venue for you.
- If you wish to hold your child’s birthday party at any of the outside parks throughout the city, please note that all of the public parks are first come, first serve for small gatherings. Please follow the rules that are posted in the park and clean up after your gathering
- For larger group gatherings/parties/events, a rental agreement must be completed. Upon review a Special Events Permit may be required.
- Applications are due at least 2 weeks prior to your event, so make sure to plan ahead.
- Events needing road closures, vending permits, etc., will need to complete a Special Events Permit at City Hall.
- DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE IF THE RESERVING PARTY CANCELS THE EVENT BEFORE THE RENTAL DATE.
- It is the renters responsibility to contact the Parks & Leisure Department to make all set-up arrangements at 228.875.8665
- EVENTS SERVING ALCOHOL ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE SECURITY. Upon completing the rental agreement, our office will set-up the security although the reserving party will be responsible for paying the guards in cash at the conclusion of the event. There is a 4hr minimum and a fee of $25 per hour/ per guard.
Deposit: $200 (refundable)
Rental Fee: $300 (includes set-up & clean-up fee)
Amenities included: 20 6ft rectangular tables, approx. 110 chairs, stove, ice machine, and covered outdoor playground equipment.
The deposit is due the day the facility is booked. The rental fee is due 2 weeks prior to the event. If the event is cancelled before the rental date, the deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE.
For smaller functions of 25 people or less (meetings, showers, parties, etc.) the Conference room can be rented when there is no formal rental of the building at a cost of $25 per hour (minimum of 2hrs).
Rental Fee: $25 per hour (2hr minimum, 4hr maximum)
Located across the parking lot from the splash pad, upstairs, above the bathrooms.
Amenities include: 20 person capacity, air conditioned, refrigerator, restroom, splash pad, playground equipment, baseball fields.
Amenities include: 8 courts, restrooms, pro shop.
Please contact Bre Liddell at 228.875.8665 for tennis court reservations and availability.
Due the day the facility is booked
NON-REFUNDABLE is event or tournament is cancelled at any time prior
Rental Fee Option 1: $150 per field/ per day
Fee Includes: 1 field prep prior to each day of the tournament/event. OSPL will schedule the lights on requested fields to be turned on at times designated by lessee. OSPL will schedule staff to clean all restrooms and pick up trash around the facility.
Rental Fee Option 2: $100 per field/ per day
Fee Includes: 1 field prep prior to each day of the tournament/event. OSPL will schedule the lights on requested fields to be turned on at times designated by lessee. OSPL will NOT schedule staff to clean all restrooms and pick up trash around the facility. Cleaning of the facility will be the responsibility of the tournament/event staff. In the event the facility has not been cleaned, the deposit becomes NON-REFUNDABLE.
If you are interested in reserving the ball fields for a team practice, please contact Bre Liddell at 228.875.8665 for times and availability.
Teams wishing to reserve the fields multiple nights for practices, leagues or tournaments are required to pay a participation fee of $5 per participant.
Anyone who wishes to reserve a field for a community event will need to complete a rental agreement and arrange for a $100 (refundable) deposit.
RENTAL AGREEMENT & FEES ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL FIELD USAGE AND TOURNAMENTS
- Due no later than 4 days prior (failure to comply will result in cancellation of rental agreement.
- Unlimited number of participants-per sporting event- per field rented
- Rentals are for a 12 hour consecutive period of time unless otherwise specified
- The Facility closes at midnight.
- Lights will be scheduled by OSPL staff. All lights will turn off at midnight. If the Lessee requires lights beyond midnight, rental fees must be paid for an additional day.
- Concessions are provided by the City of Ocean Springs ONLY
- NO outside food or drink allowed
- NO grills or frying stations allowed
- Security may be required at Lessee’s expense
- Upon review a Special Events Permit may be requested
- NO PETS ALLOWED
- IF POLICIES ARE NOT ENFORCED WITH YOUR GUESTS, YOU WILL FORFEIT YOUR DEPOSIT