Bid, RFQ and RFP Notices
Bids, RFQ, and RFP Notices
City of Ocean Springs' bids, RFQs (requests for qualifications), and RFPs (requests for proposals) are facilitated by the purchasing department of the City Clerk's Office. All bid opening and amendments or clarifications will be posted at this site. As the city does not maintain a bid list, in order to ensure a fair and honest process, it is your responsibility to routinely check the website for amendments or clarifications that may be issued.
Each project has specific requirements in regards to insurance, licensing, and deadlines so it is in the bidder's best interest to check this site regularly and frequently to ensure the integrity and validity of their proposal. Failure to meet the minimum requirements for the project could result in a disqualification or rejection of the proposal.
The City of Ocean Springs is currently accepting bids for the following:
The City of Ocean Springs will receive bids for Mini Excavator in the following manner:
Un-priced bid proposals will be accepted until 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 24, 2018, in sealed envelopes at the Office of City Clerk, 1018 Porter Ave. Ocean Springs, MS 39564, or by electronic bid submission. Submissions will be evaluated and vendors submitting acceptable offers will be invited to submit priced bids. Electronic bids and/or reverse auction bids can be submitted at www.centralbidding.com. For any questions relating to the electronic bidding process, please call Central Bidding at 225-810-4814.
Bidding will be held by electronic reverse auction on Tuesday, May 8, 2018, at 2:00 p.m.
Specifications and procedures are available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, in the City Clerk’s office or www.centralbidding.com. All bids must comply with the specifications provided. The City of Ocean Springs reserves the right to amend the specifications, as necessary, and agrees to notify all having requested bid packets.
The City reserves the right to extend the auction date if necessary to complete the pre-qualification process.
All written bids submitted must be sealed and clearly labeled on the outside of the bid envelopes as instructed in the bid package and delivered to City Clerk, City Hall, 1018 Porter Ave., Ocean Springs, MS 39564 or electronic bids can be submitted at www.centralbidding.com.
The City reserves the right to reject any and all bids and waive any informalities.
The City of Ocean Springs is currently accepting RFPs/RFQs for the following:
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATION
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Duties of City Clerk's Office
- Keeps the Municipal Minutes in which all official actions of the governing authorities are recorded.
- Keeps the Ordinance Book and certifies ordinances.
- Keeps the Municipal Docket (AGENDA), the list of subjects to be acted upon by the governing authorities at their meeting.
- Certifies, with the mayor, all municipal codes after adoption of the Board of Aldermen.
- Serves as custodian of the municipal seal.
- Keeps the financial records in proper order for budgetary and audit purposes.
- Prepares budgets and budget amendments in accordance with Governmental Fund Accounting Standards.
- Keeps a "Docket of Claims” in which are recorded all accounts payable.
- Issues, with the approval of the governing authorities, warrants to pay claims.
- Serves as Treasurer and auditor of the municipality.
- Makes monthly financial reports to the governing authority.
- Administers grant and bond registers.
Tax Assessor and Collector
- Prepares tax levy for city and school district.
- Receives tax settlement and distributes to city and school district.
- Issues licenses and permits.
- Prepares payroll for approximately 200 employees.
- Maintains personnel records.
- Files required federal and state reports and reports to the Public Employees Retirement System.
- Serves as registrar of voters.
- Conducts municipal general and special elections.
Utility Billing and Collections
- Reads approximately 7,800 water meters per month.
- Bills and collects water, sewer, and garbage fees monthly.
- Preserves public records.
- Records and directs citizen concerns and complaints.
Special Event Permits
Organization want to host a 5K for a Charity? Submit this form at least 30 days before your event date.
Special Event Form
Do you want to organize a small event on city property? Need street closures with the help of city services? Submit this form at least 45 days before your event date.
Special Event Application
Water Department FAQs
Welcome to the City Clerks Department
Shelly Ferguson, City Clerk
The City Clerk’s office is directed by Shelly Ferguson. The Clerk’s office provides general support that is critical for the success of the governing authorities. The Clerk, pursuant to the requirements of State law, performs many duties essential to the operation of a municipal government.
1018 Porter Avenue
Ocean Springs, MS 39564
Citizens are welcome to contact the City Clerk’s office by phone or in person. The office is open from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.