Bid, RFQ and RFP Notices
Bids, RFQ, and RFP Notices
City of Ocean Springs' bids, RFQs (requests for qualifications), and RFPs (requests for proposals) are facilitated by the purchasing department of the City Clerk's Office. All bid opening and amendments or clarifications will be posted at this site. As the city does not maintain a bid list, in order to ensure a fair and honest process, it is your responsibility to routinely check the website for amendments or clarifications that may be issued.
Each project has specific requirements in regards to insurance, licensing, and deadlines so it is in the bidder's best interest to check this site regularly and frequently to ensure the integrity and validity of their proposal. Failure to meet the minimum requirements for the project could result in a disqualification or rejection of the proposal.
The City of Ocean Springs is currently accepting bids for the following:
The City of Ocean Springs is currently accepting RFPs/RFQs for the following:
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATION
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Duties of City Clerk's Office
- Keeps the Municipal Minutes in which all official actions of the governing authorities are recorded.
- Keeps the Ordinance Book and certifies ordinances.
- Keeps the Municipal Docket (AGENDA), the list of subjects to be acted upon by the governing authorities at their meeting.
- Certifies, with the mayor, all municipal codes after adoption of the Board of Aldermen.
- Serves as custodian of the municipal seal.
- Keeps the financial records in proper order for budgetary and audit purposes.
- Prepares budgets and budget amendments in accordance with Governmental Fund Accounting Standards.
- Keeps a "Docket of Claims” in which are recorded all accounts payable.
- Issues, with the approval of the governing authorities, warrants to pay claims.
- Serves as Treasurer and auditor of the municipality.
- Makes monthly financial reports to the governing authority.
- Administers grant and bond registers.
Tax Assessor and Collector
- Prepares tax levy for city and school district.
- Receives tax settlement and distributes to city and school district.
- Issues licenses and permits.
- Prepares payroll for approximately 200 employees.
- Maintains personnel records.
- Files required federal and state reports and reports to the Public Employees Retirement System.
- Serves as registrar of voters.
- Conducts municipal general and special elections.
Utility Billing and Collections
- Reads approximately 7,800 water meters per month.
- Bills and collects water, sewer, and garbage fees monthly.
- Preserves public records.
- Records and directs citizen concerns and complaints.
Special Event Permits
Organization want to host a 5K for a Charity? Submit this form at least 30 days before your event date.
Special Event Form
Do you want to organize a small event on city property? Need street closures with the help of city services? Submit this form at least 45 days before your event date.
Special Event Application
Water Department FAQs
Welcome to the City Clerks Department
Shelly Ferguson, City Clerk
The City Clerk’s office is directed by Shelly Ferguson. The Clerk’s office provides general support that is critical for the success of the governing authorities. The Clerk, pursuant to the requirements of State law, performs many duties essential to the operation of a municipal government.
1018 Porter Avenue
Ocean Springs, MS 39564
Citizens are welcome to contact the City Clerk’s office by phone or in person. The office is open from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.